bóng đá trực tuyến_tỉ lệ kèo bóng đá trực tuyến_giải thích tỷ lệ cá cược bóng đá

T4 and T4A Slips are Now Available Electronically 

Starting in the 2018 Taxation year and in alignment with the Canada Revenue Agency Guidelines, all T4’s issued by McMaster University will only be available electronically through Mosaic. Printed copies will no longer be produced and mailed to your current address on file.

All T4A slips will continue to be mailed to the current address on file, unless the employee opts to receive their statement electronically through Mosaic. More information and instructions will be available in the New Year.

The slips will be available on or before February 28, 2019 in accordance with the annual deadline set by the Canada Revenue Agency.

To view your electronic tax slip on Mosaic:

  • Use the drop down on your Mosaic Home page and select the “Employee Self Service” option
  • Click on the “View T4/T4A Slips” title to download your electronic T4/T4A slips.

If  replacement slips are required for any reason or you have any questions, please contact your Human Resources Representative or alternatively dial 222-HR (22247). 

Review your tax deductions

The beginning of a New Year is a great time for all employees to consider reviewing their personal tax declarations. Your tax exemptions are displayed in the upper right corner of your pay statement.

Why should I review my Declarations?

One or more factors might prompt an individual to submit an updated tax declaration to their employer:

  • Change in Marital Status
  • Children welcomed into your family, or progressing to adulthood
  • Entering into, or completing, a program of study
  • Moving between part-time employment and full-time employment
  • Beginning or ending paid employment with multiple employer(s)

When does the Canada Revenue Agency require me to submit a new Declaration?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) does not require each individual to submit a new TD1 form to their employer each year. However, they recommend that each individual who declares more than the Basic Exemption Amount review their tax exemption declarations at the beginning of each calendar year.

Whenever an individual's applicable tax exemptions change, the CRA requires an employee to submit a new TD1 form (and a TD1-ON form as well, if above Basic Declaration amounts) to their employer within 7 days, to help ensure there are no negative impacts on the individual at tax time.

If I am receiving two pay statements each pay, what do I need to know?

McMaster issues multiple pay statements for a limited number of employees who hold multiple jobs at McMaster. The majority of employees still have a single pay statement each pay. This is due to the way PeopleSoft stores Year-to-Date values when corporate EI rates differ, in support of the Canada Revenue Agency's requirement to report these on separate tax slips.

For example, an employee who holds both a Teaching Assistant position and a Casual worker would still see a single pay statement. However, an employee who holds both a position covered by the collective agreement with UNIFOR and a Casual position would see two statements, as would an employee in the TMG group who is also a Part-Time Instructor.

Payroll systems treat each paycheque separately when calculating income tax, so employees who are now receiving multiple statements for the same pay period may have seen a reduction in the total income tax being deducted across the two statements, to a greater or lesser degree.

All employees who are now receiving multiple statements are strongly encouraged to review their 2019 pay statement tax deductions, and to submit revised TD1 and TD1-ON forms for 2019 if they determine that their tax exemption declarations require any change.

Where can I access the TD1 and TD1-ON forms?

Links to the Canada Revenue Agency's 2019 Tax Exemption Declaration forms can be found online:


What should I do with my completed forms?

Completed, dated, and signed TD1 and TD1-ON forms are submitted to the HR Office supporting your area:

  • HR Service Centre, CSB 202
  • Faculty of Health Sciences HR Office, HSC-2J1A

If you have any questions regarding submitting your completed TD1 and TD1-ON forms, please contact your Human Resources Representative.