tỷ lệ kèo bóng đá trực tuyến_trang web đánh bạc_tỷ lệ kèo bóng đá

General Information:

What is the benefit year?

The benefit year runs from July 1st to June 30th.  In order to have your claims processed, Sun Life must receive your claim prior to the September 30th following the end of the benefit year in which the claims were incurred.

Where is my HR Area Office?

Employee Group Building Room Extension
All Employees (except Faculty of Health Sciences) Campus Services Building 202 Click to view your HR Advisor
Faculty of Health Sciences Employees Health Sciences Centre 2J1A 22207

Who qualifies as my dependent for benefits under Sun Life?

Your dependent must be your spouse or your child and a resident of Canada or the United States and maintaining provincial health coverage.

A spouse includes someone who is legally married to you, or your partner of the same sex or opposite sex who has been publicly represented as your spouse for at least the last 12 months.  You can only cover one spouse at a time.

A child includes unmarried children, legally adopted children, and children for whom you are the legal guardian.  This would also include your spouse's children if your spouse has sole responsibility by decree of divorce for support and maintenance of this child.

Children will be considered dependents up to age 21, or up to age 25 in the case of a full time student wholly dependent on you for support.

If you have a child who becomes handicapped before turning 21, we will continue coverage for that child as long as they are incapable of financial self-support because of a physical or mental disability, and are unmarried and dependent on you for support.  In these cases you must notify Sun Life within 31 days of the date the child turns 21.  Please contact your HR area office for more information on this process.

Further information on eligible dependents can be found in your benefits booklet.

How do I add a dependent to my Sun Life benefits?

You can do this by completing the Extended Health and Dental Positive Enrolment Form and submitting this form to your HR Area Office.  Be sure to include all eligible dependents on this as we only keep the most recent form submitted on file.


Sun Life Out of Country Emergency:

As of July 1, 2016 your emergency medical travel coverage is provided by Sun Life Financial under the same policy number as your extended health care and dental coverage. Policy number 025018.

What do I do if I require emergency medical assistance while travelling?

If you are travelling and require emergency medical assistance, you must call Sun Life’s travel partner Allianz Global Assistance in advance of receiving any services.  They will validate your coverage and open a claim for you.  It is important to contact them as soon as possible as Allianz Global Assistance will assist you in expediting your claim and they will be able to instruct you on the steps you need to take.  You will need to provide your McMaster employee ID number and the plan policy number (025018). More information about the place and contact information can be found here.  

Detailed information on your emergency travel coverage is in the process of being added to your benefit booklet, however a app cá độ bóng đábrochure summarizing the benefit is available.

What is the duration of my coverage for travel out-of-province?

All employees enrolled in the extended health care plan are covered for 60 consecutive days out of province for emergency medical assistance.  Faculty, Clinical Faculty and Librarians are covered for 120 consecutive days.

Faculty members on extended leaves related to University business or research may submit an application for extended coverage accompanied by supporting documents confirming the approved leave and a $50 cheque for administration fees.

Information for those employees working beyond age 69 can be found here.

Where can I get a wallet travel card?

Travel cards are available in print format within the information brochure. You can also download the Sun Life app and add a copy of the travel card to your Apple Wallet.


Sun Life:

How do I get set up with a password and user ID so that I can view my claims online?

You can call Sun Life directly at 1.800.361.6212 and one of their customer service representatives will set you up with a user ID and password.  Once this is set up, you can log into the MySun Life secure site here and view a history of your claims online.  You will need your McMaster ID# and our Policy # 25018 ready when you call.

Does Sun Life have an app?