The investigation is not finished yet, but police do not believe there was anything suspicious about a fire at Killdevil Camp last week.
The fire, which was detected by a caretaker at around 3 a.m. the morning of July 25, destroyed a shed containing a generator that supplied the Anglican church camp with electricity.
Some tools and maintenance supplies were also lost in the fire.
Heat from the fire also compromised an adjacent tank that had around 7,000 litres of fuel in it.
Fifty-four young girls who had been attending a camp were awakened and evacuated from the camp, although they were allowed to return a few hours later. The camp resumed normal activity later the same day with the help of portable generators.
According to the RCMP, the cause has not yet been officially determined, but it is suspected to have been electrical in nature.
Mac Turner, the camp’s executive director, said the remains of the shed and damaged equipment have all been removed from the site and the process has begun to replace all that was lost.
The property was insured.